Member Benefits Include:
Monthly Meetings: The Great Lakes Bay Hispanic Business Association is proud of its founding tradition of presenting to its membership and the community speakers and programs that inform, educate and stimulate. It is the central intent that the subjects provided to members be considered primarily of an economic, business, financial and community oriented in content. We believe that these issues, whether local, national or international, affect the lives of, and are of vital importance to, all informed citizens. It is the purpose of the Association to encourage discussion and understanding, whether the topic is educational or informative. While presenters are expected to bring their beliefs and perspective to the podium, the Great Lakes Bay Hispanic Business Association is itself, non-partisan. Membership and participation in the Great Lakes Bay Hispanic Business Association is drawn principally from Midland, Bay and Saginaw counties. The Association and its events are open to paid and potential membership. Service and benefit to the greater surrounding geographic and economic area is intended.
MI HISPANIC ALLIANCE: GLBRHBA is a founding member of the Michigan Hispanic Alliance which is a collaborative partnership focused on joining up Hispanic business groups across Michigan. The major Alliance partners include the West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Great Lakes Bay Region Hispanic Business Association, Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and Lansing Area Hispanic Business Association. The Alliance partnership was form to identify, create and provide increased business opportunities for their respective memberships across Michigan. In addition, the partnership enables Alliance partners to collaborate on joint business and public policy advocacy on behalf of Hispanic businesses in Michigan. The Michigan Hispanic Alliance also provides the opportunity for Hispanic leaders from around the state to collaborate on common issues and to identify solutions that will promote economic growth and job creation in the state of Michigan. The MHA works to reconciling and aligning the strategies of individual Hispanic Chambers to become tightly focused on key issues affecting Michigan’s 11,000 Hispanic-owned businesses.
Business Networking Opportunities
- Monthly Member Meetings – hosted once a month, usually the fourth Tuesday, 9 months of the year.
- Membership Committees – partake in the planning of GLBRHBA events or special committees
- Special Events– including Annual Sabor Latino, Golf Outing and many more special events throughout the year.
Business Exposure and Recognition Opportunities
- Host a Business After Hours – create recognition for your business and we will supply the guest
- Mailing labels – get access to the member’s mailing list, available upon request
- Facebook access – post news about your business on our Facebook Pages (both public and member only page) to promote business or professional events, opportunities and/or announcements.
- Member to Member Discounts – offer a discount exclusive to chamber members to be displayed on the GLBRHBA website as well as posting opportunity on our Facebook pages.
- – be listed in the GLBRHBA website online directory
Other Benefits of Membership
Connects you to over 11,000 Hispanic Business across the state through our affiliation with the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Lansing Area Hispanic Business Association and West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Membership connects you to the Michigan Hispanic Alliance which addresses issues concerning taxation, regulatory environment, and economic development that impact not only Hispanic businesses, but all Michigan businesses
Membership provides you with the opportunity to obtain information and/or training and networking with business owners and professionals from the region.
Member Discount Rates for Chamber Signature Events
- Annual Sabor Latino Holiday Event
- Annual Great Lakes Bay Regional Hispanic Business Association Golf Outing
- Other signature events throughout the year
Our membership base consists of business owners and professionals from all ethnic backgrounds who all share a mutual desire to grow the Great Lakes Bay Region’s business community and enhance the quality of life in our region. You do not have to own a business nor do you have to be Hispanic. Our goal is to provide a mutually beneficial organization for all businesses and professionals of the region.